N.Y. Strip Directions
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Vacuum seal and place in sous vide
- Set to 120 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from water and set aside until ready to use.
Corn maque choux:
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 tbl heavy cream
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbl butter1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Shuck corn and rub with sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper and wrap in foil. Roast at 425
degrees for 30 min or until tender. Once cool, unwrap and cut kernels from cob.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauté pan. Add onion and bell pepper and cook stirring
frequently for about 5 min.
- Once soft, add garlic and corn cooking for another 3 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and cook
until the cream comes to a simmer and starts to thicken, about 3 more minutes.
- Stir in scallions and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Roasted Corn Cilantro sauce
- 3 ears corn
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, minced
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp Cajun seasonin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Steen’s cane vinegar
- Shuck corn and rub with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap in foil and
roast at 425 degrees for 30 min. Once cool, unwrap and cut kernels from cob.
- Place corn, cream and Cajun seasoning in a pot and simmer for around 8 minutes until corn is
- Place in a blender and puree. Once smooth, add turmeric, vinegar, and cilantro and blend once
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.